Portallini is represented in Griller Stadium by the Portallini Gondoliers baseball team and the Portallini Tridents hockey team. While the city does not celebrate Baseball Season like Frostfield, it does hold the Gondola 500, "the largest-drawing sporting event in the area" every September. 
In August, Portallini celebrates Neptune's Feast, where the townsfolk celebrate their love of seafood with festivals and feasts throughout the month.
From the Flipline Studios Blog
Portallini is one of the oldest towns around. Many people come from all around to explore the ancient canalways aboard the iconic gondolas that drift along the crystal blue waters. 
- Chicory Café, a popular coffee shop.
- Crystal's View, a fortune-telling service owned by Crystal.
- Papa's Pastaria, Papa Louie's ninth restaurant.
- Ricotta Inn
- Unnamed Wedding Chapel
- Crystal: A clairvoyant and owner of Crystal's View, the shop below the Chicory Café. She carries her pet mink, Cannoli.
- Deano: A gondolier who worked at the boat docks and was mentored by the late Maximo Del Mare. 
- Olivia: A student at Cavatelli Community College who is a party planner and is a huge fan of Party Subs.
- The Romano family members, Edoardo Romano, the patriarch, Bruna and Carlo Romano, Edoardo's daughter and son, respectively, Gino Romano, Edoardo's nephew and Olga, Edoardo's wife, Bruna and Carlo's step-mother and Gino's aunt.
- Sienna: who moved to Portallini from Toastwood and is a manager at the Ricotta Inn.
- Every building in Portallini has some ivy growing up the walls of it.
- The holiday, Portallini Feast, is based on the food in this town.